Who we are
This website, http://www.tagitltd.com, is operated by Tagit Limited a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, no. 3337766. Registered Office: Unit 1, The Oaks, Framfield, East Sussex, TN22 5PN.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, company name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer; they are used to collect visitor behaviour information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser setting to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site
- Some cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
- We are required to do so by our funders or in relation to the contracts we manage.
- If there is a business/operational need to do so we will inform you and seek your consent as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf or run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information.
- We are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention.
- We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected and only for as long as it is necessary to do so.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are expressly forbidden from using your personal information for their own purposes.
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes
- Processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
- Sending you information you have requested
- Auditing the usage of our website
- Monitoring the usage of our website to enable us to update and tailor our website to meet the need of users
- Sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
- To comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention
We will only send you a marketing email when you gave your consent to sign up to a mailing list, distribution list or newsletter. Consent will always be our main priority. We ensure that we have a system in accordance with data protection principles whereby consent is freely given and that you are able to give a positive opt-in. This would always be your choice.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Any other websites which may be linked to by our website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from ours.
- Links to external sites are provided as a convenience to users and such sites are not under our control.
- The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that site by us and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or indeed any link contained in a linked site or for any loss or inconvenience arising from the use of such a site.
Should you have any queries about the Tagit terms of service, please contact a member of the team.